Your Yacht Charter Checklist
Your Yacht Charter Checklist. Are you planning to have a vacation cruise with your family or friends in Playa del Carmen? Then going through a detailed checklist for your chartered yacht is probably not the priority of your vacation plans. But to ensure a delightful bareboat charter, it is a requirement.
Use this checklist to guarantee that all equipment onboard is working correctly and to ensure that the crew members understand how each system works.
Food & Provisioning
- Ensure that the food or supplies you ordered from the charter company, or grocery is sufficient and in good condition.
- Ensure that you have everything you need the basics like toiletries, condiments, etc.
- Store the food properly to avoid spoilage. It is advisable to put the most perishable items near the cooling plate and do not put the fruits and vegetables next to the cold plate.
Chilling or Refrigeration
Make sure that your charter company will operate the boat’s systems before onboarding to ensure that the freezer is working properly and it is ready for food storage.
- Check if the water tanks are full. Though it is the responsibility of the charter company, mistakes happen.
- Check if each faucet is working, including the deck shower.
Test the Anchor
- Examine the windlass by taking the anchor up and down several times
Ask for a Boat Tour from Charter Company
To enjoy smooth sailing, you must be knowledgeable about the chartered yacht. Pay attention and ask questions and take notes.
- Monitor the weather forecast and the forecasted course for the remainder of your trip. You can check online for sailors for weather resources in various regions.
- Do not forget to take note of the radio frequencies to check the daily weather.
Before leaving the dock, ensure it is properly inflated and that you have an air pump on the boat. Double-check if the gasoline is enough. The following should be placed in the dinghy:
- Full Fuel tank
- Wrist set
- Bailing bucket
- Paddles / Oars:
- Wrist/disconnect attachment set.
- Long painter
- Cable with lock
- Small dinghy anchor.
- Flashlights and extra batteries
- Spray lubricant like WD-40
- Dock lines
- Cruising guides for your sailing plan
- Floatation devise for each crewmember including children
- Snorkelling equipment
- Documents and licences.
Make sure to follow the checklist to enjoy a smooth and enjoyable sailing adventure. Take your time to assure you understand each item.
Booking your yacht charter with Caribbean Dream Yacht is simple. We assure you will have an enjoyable sailing experience with us.
When choosing your partner in your yacht charter holiday, you must look into the values of your provider. Look for a company that has built a reputation, honesty, transparency, and quality.