Simple Recipes to Cook. Dear sailing lovers! Are you planning to have a sailing holiday in the Caribbean? If you need some fresh ideas to cook on your sailing holiday, you’ve come to the right place. Food is always an essential part of packing for a sailing holiday, whether you will be sailing for a day or a month.
Here are some simple recipes that will ensure that your crew and guests get a delicious, healthy meal without a lot of prep or cleanup time.
Salsa Verde Stew
- 1 small pre-cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 jar salsa verde, 12 oz.
- 1 can cannellini beans, 15 oz.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Sour cream and tortilla chips for topping
How To Prepare
Cook salsa verde on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and let it boil. Garnish with sour cream and tortilla chips and serve.
Tuna And Potato Salad
- 800g new potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 200g fresh tuna
- 2 handfuls cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cucumber, chopped
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Basil leaves to garnish (optional)
How To Prepare
- Cook the potatoes for 20 minutes in a boiling water
- Mix the lemon juice, garlic, and parsley in a salad bowl and add the red onion and set aside.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and add them to the salad bowl.
- Once the potatoes are cool, add the tuna, tomatoes, and cucumber.
- Mix everything gently and season with black pepper.
Southwestern Shepherd’s Pie
- 1 pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 can black beans
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 box of your favorite cornbread mix (and all of the ingredients needed with it)
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
How To Prepare
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the corn, beans, chicken, and barbecue sauce in a casserole dish.
- Top with cornbread batter, and cook until cornbread is fully baked.
Red Curry Lamb Stew
- 1 lb lamb roast or chops, precooked and cubed
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1 can coconut milk
- 16 oz. chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1 cup dried shiitake mushrooms
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tsp olive oil
How to Prepare
- Pre-cook your lamb, chop, and bring with you in a reusable container
- When cooking the soup, mince the garlic and add to olive oil, cook until golden brown.
- Toss lamb in the garlic until brown. Add all ingredients and cook until it boils.
Additional tips for cooking onboard
The galley kitchen in your rented yacht, the space is limited, as are fuel and refrigeration, ensure that you planned accordingly. Here is the list of tips on cooking aboard a yacht.
- Bring only the important cooking equipment
- Check if everyone in the crew knows how to light the stove and control the fuel supply safely.
- Bring enough water
- If you are renting a boat, ask the boat company before you go if the gas or charcoal will be provided by them.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to help you upon your getaway in the Caribbean, enjoying the wondrous place by getting on a yacht. Book now!
Happy cooking and we wish you fair winds and calm seas! Do you have a favourite meal to serve while out sailing?